Happy Early St. Patty's Day! One of my favorite things to make before St. Patty's day are delicious treats, but my favorite by far are Irish Potato's. Yum! :) Using a simple shamrock cookie cutter you can make delicious french toast in the mornin', or mini shamrock cakes as shown above. Here is a great recipe for my favorite Irish Potato's:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Add the vanilla and confectioners' sugar; beat until smooth. Using your hands if necessary, mix in the coconut. Roll into balls or potato shapes, and roll in the cinnamon. Place onto a cookie sheet and chill to set. If desired, roll potatoes in cinnamon again for darker color.
Happy St. Patty's Day!
Make sure to drink some Guinness as well. ;)
-Amy Bird Tweets xoxo