Decorating for holidays is always very fun. I have found a few DIY projects for you to do in preparation for your big holiday dinner.
1. Gold Leaf Place cards: Spray paint a sturdy leaf from outside gold. While the spray paint is still wet use a toothpick to write the name of the person on the leaf.
2. Pear Place cards: Either spray paint the pear or leave the pear in it's natural state. Find a pin color to coordinate with your other table decor and hand write the names on a piece of card stock. Pin name to pear and your place holder is finished.
3. Thanksgiving Treat Picks: You can easily create your own cupcake or dessert picks in a pinch. Just cut out a circle on card stock paper, then cut out another circle in another color but 2 inches smaller. Paste the circles together, write on your pick whatever saying you would like! Another option would be to add a small ribbon under the circle on the pick for a fancier look.
4. Fall Leaf Votives: Walk right outside your door find the most festive fall leaves and glue them to cheap clear votives. You can probably find these at Michaels craft store. Tie a ribbon or twine around the leaves to keep them in place.
5. Thanksgiving Pom Poms: I am not sure how easy these are to make but you can get them on etsy.com. I found them at this blog called Design Evolution. Check it out! Makes for great fun contemporary holiday decor.
All of these ideas are very inexpensive and easy to create. I hope I have inspired some of you to have some fun with your Thanksgiving decor. If you make something from any of these ideas or had other ideas of your own I would love to see them! Please take a picture and send to me at email@example.com. I would love to share what you have created with my readers.
I hope everyone has a fantastic Thanksgiving with their loved ones.