- 2 cups Basic Marinara, divided
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Cooking spray
- 2 1/2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 package fresh spinach, chopped, and sauteed
- 1 large egg
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 24 cooked jumbo pasta shells (cook these first, drain and pat dry)
Preheat oven to 350°.
Spread 1/2 cup Basic Marinara over bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Combine ricotta, spinach, egg, garlic, red onion, salt, pepper, and oregano and parm cheese in a large bowl, stirring well. Spoon about 1 1/2 tablespoons filling into each pasta shell. Arrange stuffed shells in prepared dish; spread with remaining 1 1/2 cups Basic Marinara. Sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese and cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving, then ENJOY!